Minty Orange Salad
aka Sunshine on a Plate
4 medium navel oranges
2 medium lemons
1 small red onion, thinly sliced and cut into pieces
3 tablespoons OT&M Extra Virgin Olive Oil (We use Italian Coratina)
2 tablespoons chopped mint
1 Ball Canning Jar
- Peel Oranges and Lemons, removing the white skins.
- Cut fruit into bite sized pieces.
- Drop the pieces of one orange and one slice of lemon into jar. Layer pieces of red onion and mint.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Repeat layers until jar is full and all ingredients are used.
- Close Jar and Chill for at least two hours, allowing juices to mingle.
- Serve at room temperature.