1 lb elbow macaroni
¼ cup and 2 tablespoons Olive That and More Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 tablespoon flour
4 cups organic low fat milk
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups of fresh broccoli florets
¼ cup of bread crumbs
(optional: extra shredded cheese for topping)
- In a large pot, cook macaroni according to instructions (al dente). Drain.
- In a small saucepan, bring water to boil, add broccoli, and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Use olive oil to coat 9X13 glass baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add flour, stirring until smooth (about 1 minute). Gradually wisk in milk, stirring continuously for about 3 minutes.
- With heat on low, add cheeses to sauce until cheeses melt.
- Remove sauce from heat, add macaroni & broccoli to pot. Mixing to combine.
- Pour into baking dish. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and extra cheese reserved for topping. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until bubbly.